Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Things which have influenced me

Il be sharing a few things which have made a huge influence on me in one way or the other

READING BOOKS -The harrpotter mania

In the beginning when the potter phenomenon was being discussed online and on televison,i had no clue that why would people love to read a story  about an orphaned boy which also includes wizards and spells.

I still did not have the habit of reading books, Later during my 10th grade  I was introduced the word of harrpotter by my grandmother.She brought those books hoping that i would inculcate good habits  like reading, and shun other activities like playing computer games which were not so constructive according to her.

It took a week or two before I could understand the plot of the first book,two or three times a week I used to read the complete book not knowing the flow of the story.But after I had gone through the 3rd book The prisoner of azkaban,My interest of reading the series increased exponentially,i mention this coz from that day till I completed reading the final installment  it was some sort of a chore  for me to go through the book perhaps countless number of times.

Even today 7  years after I started reading the series,I still read them with the same enthusiasm and excitement as I had on the first day.The magic cannot be explained by pen, but it is something that a pottermaniac like me and others all over the world  enjoy and cherish

Not only it has been an impetus in my book reading habit,but also gave me a few morals regrading life and decisions we take in it.

J.K rownling's life before the publishing of the potter series moved me,when I got to know about the way in which she crossed several major obstacles regarding her personal life and the life that she adored from her childhood(writing books).

Thanks to J.K rowling and my granny,I have become a bookworm eversince,and some of my best friends happen to be books!

No comments:

Post a Comment