Sunday, July 5, 2009

Spending weekends alone for the first time

The weekend seems to be long and boring…..For the first time there was no one to celebrate my birthday with,It seemed like i was miles apart from my friends and family.But being born on a day like July 4th amuses me a bit  .Reading books during weekends helps me  to get over the experience of being in another place,but as the saying goes a good book is a best friend!

KenFollett's the third twin seems to be like a good page turner!

1 comment:

  1. Vijay,

    Happy Birthday - a day that you and the United States have in common. How about that?

    It is akward sometimes to be at the start of a new chapter in life. It takes a while for the new plot and characters to develop. (Thinking about your book analogy - sometimes new chapters are dis-orienting. The reader is presented with new characters, scenes, action and it is hard to connect back with what was being read in the past chapter. In time, as the story develops, it all comes together)

    When I went to college, I missed my friends and the way things were before and I was eager to go home on breaks. While I physically was away at school, it seemed my mind was still back home. It took more than a year for me to find where I fit in.

    The first summer when classes were out, I was ready to return home, work familiar jobs in a restaurant, and hang out with my friends, work on computers, or on my car.

    The second summer, I stayed away - I had found a new job near school working with computers, and while some days were still hard, in time I settled in and made new friends, and relationships that led to more new chapters in my life.

    Hang in there !

    Mark

    ReplyDelete