Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pass time turns into Passion

It's  been ages since my teen days during school when I was not allowed to operate a camera in our home(A japanese made Yaschica).My mother was apprehensive about it being sabotaged in my hands.Her perception being that I was too immature to handle such a gadget at that age.

Far from my mother's perception,I would at times sneak out the camera and click away anything that I found interesting like mad.Using the camera roll was an enticing experience, especially when I Was given a chance at last to operate it. All this was a result of curiosity which I had towards photography.

[caption id="attachment_1070" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Abstract photo taken during my train journeys"][/caption]

It all started with the frequent train journeys every week,when I used to shuttle between my home and Hyderabad during the 3 days weekoff.At times there would be no place to sit and I would just stand near the door while the train rattled along the country side.It was especially during my return journeys and the monsoon season that I started clicking away after a long time

[caption id="attachment_1083" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Rajadhani express gleams during the early morning sunrise"][/caption]

While most of them happened to be taken on road or the train,some of them happened to be taken near to my workplace. It was one of those days at Motorola last week when I was waiting for my cab outside the building.We were there to take some snaps with a colleague who had just resigned from the company.I was skygazing and a vision flashed across my mind.This vision for me was like the heavens coming down on to the building it self!I did not wait but immediately clicked my vision into reality which resulted in this


I get to see a lot of the country side during my travels,something which I am sure many people get to experience.Sometimes it is the early morning sunrise,and sometimes it was the looming monsoon clouds hovering  over the country side while the sun tries to jostle itself amongst the darkclouds. It is very interesting to capture such a phenomenon and at times not so easy when you try to capture it from a running train while standing at the door



[caption id="attachment_1088" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Sun and the Monsoon clouds jostling in the heavens"][/caption]

Elsewhere in the  United States, my brother who resides in Illinois  sent me a rare phenomenon.For me it was quite rare to see.This might be a common sight in the States but  defiantly not here. Planes were flying over one another at  various altitudes. The after burn combined with the sunset during which the photo was taken gives us an impression as if they were some kind of shooting stars traversing through the sky. This photo was taken while it was still twilight.

[caption id="attachment_1090" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Photo Courtesy - Parthasaradhi Samavedam"]

Most of the photos which I clicked were taken from my Nokia 5130 C-2 Express Music phone.I was not inclined towards buying High end cameras,for it were just some moments which I wanted to store with me. I've seen Sony  releasing its  Cyber shot Camera with a 270 Degree "Super wide" shot option. I use my sister's cyber shot which does not have that feature but If the prices of Sony's camera's are to come down significantly,I am even tinkering with the idea of  getting my own in the near future.Thus in a manner of speaking,photography has become more of a passion for me rather than just a past time.

4 comments: